BetweentheBookends

A Blog about Connecticut libraries and librarians

Sunday, May 27, 2007

I'm a Book Industry Character!

As you may have noticed (I hope!) I've not been able to post to the blog at all in 2007. I guess I just didn't really know how to blog, meaning, rather than posting, I was actually trying to write very labored-over, and therefore, very labor-intensive essays. Very time-consuming and anxiety producing became my blogging, and I so took the first part of 2007 off. (Not that I've done anything very productive with the non-blogging time gained, but I'm less anxious?) Anyway, I couldn't resist sending along this link www.bookexpoamerica.com where my photo appears in the good company of Valerie Plame, Alan Greenspan, and the late David Halberstam. Not that I've become famous in 2007, but (ham that I am,) I answered Lance Fensterman's call to BookExpo participants to submit a profile for their Book Industry Characters feature. Go quickly, because I'm not the only Book Industry Character, and I'll soon be off the front page and into the archives. BTW, BookExpo at the Javits Center in Manhattan this coming week (May 31-June3) is just the greatest, so, if you have a chance, check it out actually as well as virtually.